Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a New Year!!

Hello Modern Quilting Gals,

It is officially the start of 2013 and I am looking forward to a great year ahead!  But first a quick thank you to Jean for posting pics from the December 8th Open House at Sew-Bee-It.  It was great to see what happened while I was away.  I have loved seeing all the quilts up at the shop during December.

Our January meeting is just around the corner.  I am actually ahead for a change and have my Chatt MQG Block Challenge block done!!!  This is unheard of for me--although it would have gone more smoothly had I done a better job of reading the instructions.  My first go at the block was 12 1/2 by 12 1/2 when the block is supposed to be 10 1/2 by 10 1/2...fortunately I was able to scale it down.  I can't wait to see all the blocks out of the wonderful colors!

And Janet will have a new challenge for us from the Madrona Road line from Michael Miller.  The fabric was supplied by the Modern Quilt Guild and Janet will have details for us at the meeting!

Sandi will be doing a brief presentation from the first four chapters of the Quilting Modern book and I will share some of my "straight line" walking foot techniques to do some curved quilting patterns.  And Sandi will have the sign up sheet for the 2013 programs, so be thinking about what chapter you might want to share!

And of course, bring along those projects you have been working on for Show and Tell!

See you on January 12th at 10am!

Ava

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to get back to our groups also Ava.....and am looking forward to our new book challenges....see ya' soon

    ReplyDelete