Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On the Road...

Crimson Tate in Indianapolis, IN
I was on the road the other week, visiting relatives in Indianapolis, IN.  And when I head out on a trip, I like to see what quilt shops I can find along the way.  This time the find is "Crimson Tate", a modern quilt store in the heart of Indianapolis.  So after visiting the Indy Art Museum, my aunt, uncle and I headed over to check out the shop.  What a fun shop!  The owner is Heather Givans and the shop has been open for just over a year.  Heather is a Purdue graduate and my uncle was a professor at the university, so there was even a round of the school fight song.

Uncle Jack amusing himself while my aunt and I shopped.
Heather has lots of modern quilt fabrics, patterns and accessories.  All of her furnishings are items she has collected along the way, so a great blend of old and new.  She is located in up coming neighborhood with the most amazing chocolate shop just up the block, so even more reasons to make a stop if you are traveling through.

On my way home I headed over to Cincinnati, OH and stopped by "Silk Road Textiles".  This is a new shop as well.  It's been open for 2 1/2 months and it's off to a great start.  Lots of contemporary fabrics and some cool yarns--perfect for the fiber artist!  

Both of these spots are definitely on my map to stop by next time I head north!

Ava

PS.  If you have any modern quilt experiences you would like to share with our group, send them along to me and I'll get them posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment